Foster Moore strives to maintain a fully accessible site in the context of the following: –
- Within the United States of America -in accordance with Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act Amendments of 1998. Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act Amendments mandates that federal agencies must ensure that all electronic and information technology purchased, maintained, or developed meets the accessibility standards established by the U.S. Access Board. While Foster Moore is not a federal agency, we fully support the mandate as a private commercial organization. More information on Section 508 and the technical standards can be found at www.section508.gov.
- Within Canada, specifically Ontario – in accordance with the Information and Communication standard, along with the applicable general requirements of the Access for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) of 2005. More Information on the AODA can be found at www.aoda.ca.
- Worldwide – in accordance with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 of 2008, and associated success criteria levels A and AA. More information on the WCAG 2.0 guidelines can be found at www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20.
Thus, Foster Moore is committed to making its electronic and information technologies accessible to individuals with disabilities by meeting or exceeding the requirements of these acts, standards and guidelines. We define our public website and our commercial off the shelf product, Catalyst, as being electronic and information technologies that we own.
While we strive to adhere to the accepted acts, standards guidelines and standards for accessibility and usability, it is not always possible to do so in all areas of the website. If a page cannot be made accessible, we will work to make a text version available. If you have a need for a specific electronic format please feel free to contact us at email@example.com
If you require assistance or wish to report an issue related to the accessibility of any content on this website, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. At a minimum, please try to include the following information for us:
- The URL for the page you are having problems accessing.
- Details about what you were trying to do, and why it was difficult or impossible to do it.
- Details about your computer and software. If you don’t know, maybe a friend, relative, or colleague can help you. If not, you can skip this part. Please include:
- the operating system you are using, and the version; for example, Windows Vista, Mac OS X, or Linux Ubuntu 9.10
- the browser software you use to view the Web, and the version; for example, Internet Explorer 6 (IE 6), Firefox 3.5, Chrome 126.96.36.199, Opera 10, Safari 4.0.4, etc.
- If it is related to the problem you are experiencing, also include:
- any settings you have customized; for example, I set the Font Size to Largest in my browser.
- any assistive technology that you use; for example, screen reader, screen magnification software, voice recognition software for input.
Adobe Acrobat PDF Files
A number of the documents presented on our website, or captured and displayed in Catalyst are in HTML or ASCII (plain text) formats. These formats are generally accessible to people who use screen readers. We also have a large number of documents in Adobe Acrobat® Portable Document Format (PDF).
PDF documents can only be viewed and printed using the Adobe Acrobat Reader®, version 3.0 or higher. You can download and get help using the Acrobat Reader at the Adobe Systems, Inc. site. The downloadable Acrobat Reader software is available at no charge from Adobe.