By using our website, you are agreeing to allow Foster Moore International Limited (“the data controller”) to collect, store, and use your information as described below.
If you do not agree to these provisions, you should immediately terminate your visit to this website and not engage in further activity on the site.
Our site may include links to third-party websites, applications and services. Any third-party collection and use of your information is governed by the privacy policies of these respective third parties. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those parties.
This policy is effective from 19 April 2018.
The Data We Collect
Foster Moore collects information from the website in two ways:
Passively using cookies and similar technology
Actively, for example, if you complete a web form to send us a contact request, join our email newsletter list or download one of our resources When you visit our website, we automatically collect some information from your computer. This include:
Information about your computer: This includes (where available) your IP address, operating system and browser type. This is used for system administration, to filter traffic, to look up user domains and to report on statistics.
Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access. This includes, but is not limited to, traffic data, location data and pages visited. Please refer to our Cookies policy for more information.
We also collect personal data when you voluntarily submit it to us. For example:
- Information that you provide upon submitting forms on our website. This includes registering to subscribe to our email list, registering for an event, requesting a guide, white paper or other document, or applying for a job. Pages that collect this type of information may provide further explanation as to why your data is needed and how it will be used. It is completely up to you if you want to provide this information.
- Information that you submit when you require Foster Moore to respond to a new, or existing, support request.
- Information that you submit to us when you want to engage in business with us. For example, if you complete one of our contact forms to request a call back.
- Responses to surveys distributed by Foster Moore in which you elect to participate.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
When this information relates to, or identifies you, we will treat it as “personal data.”
The term “sensitive personal data” refers to the various categories of personal data identified by European and other data privacy laws as requiring special treatment, including in some circumstances the need to obtain explicit consent.
Foster Moore does not generally seek to collect sensitive personal data through our website.
If we do collect such data, we will ask you to expressly consent to our proposed uses of the data. If you provide us with unsolicited sensitive personal data, you are consenting to our use of that data subject to applicable law.
These categories comprise personal identity numbers, data about personality and private life, financial account information, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of political parties or movements, religious, philosophical or other similar beliefs, membership of a trade union, physical or mental health, biometric or genetic data, addictions, sexual life, property matters or criminal record (including information about suspected criminal activities).
Cookies and Automatically Collected Information
We analyse your IP and browser information to determine how our website is performing, and ultimately to help us assess how we can enhance our website to make sure that we provide a positive user experience. Please see our Cookies policy for more details.
Information You Provide
We use personal data that you submit to us to share relevant information with you, to process requests you submit through our website, and for other purposes which we describe at the point where it is collected. For example, we use personal data to:
- Complete your requests to receive white papers, guides, email newsletters, or other content
- Create and analyse surveys, or research questionnaires
- Personalise your experience when browsing the Foster Moore website
- Process job applications you may submit
- Provide you with additional information about Foster Moore services
- Respond to technical questions that you submit
- Contact you for sales, servicing or marketing purposes
If you submit technical questions, we may post them to our website to help other users. However, we will not associate your full name with any posted questions.
If you submit a testimonial or a series of quotations that are used as the basis for a case study, we may post these to our website to help other users. This will associate your full name and will only be done with your explicit consent.
If you contact us through our website to apply for employment opportunities with Foster Moore, we may collect and store the personal data that you provide for recruiting purposes.
We will ask you for information necessary for the recruiting process such as your name, contact information and technical experience. We may also process your personal data if we are required to do by law or legal process.
Foster Moore may use this information to evaluate your eligibility for employment and to contact you for recruiting purposes.
We send emails to individuals with whom we want to develop or maintain a relationship.
Our targeted email messages typically include cookies and similar technologies that allow us to know whether you open, read, or delete the message, and links that you may click. When you click a link in an email you receive from Foster Moore, we may use a cookie to log what pages you view and what content you download from our website, even if you are not registered at or signed into our site.
Foster Moore will not sell or share your personal data with third parties. However, there may be instances when we need to share or disclose personal data you provide for a specific purpose. For example:
- We may need to share certain personal data, like food preferences to caterers if we are managing a training course or a jointly sponsored event and these other parties have a business need to know this information. We will inform you at the time of collection that the personal data will be shared with our partners and you will have the option of providing it or not providing it.
- We may need to disclose your personal data to third parties if we sell or liquidate any part of our business or assets. Clients’ personal data can be one of the transferred business assets in such circumstances.
- We may need to disclose or share your personal data with our partners to register your interest in their product or service, or to instruct them to follow up your enquiry about their product or service.
We also may provide aggregate, non-personally identifiable data (“Aggregate Information”) to third parties, including information about your access and use of the website. For example, we might provide such Aggregate Information to a third party to inform the party of the number of users of the site and the activities that they conduct while on the site.
We are committed to ensuring that your personal data is secure.
In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal data we collect.
These measures include multi-factor authentication controls for accessing personal data stored in our internal management systems. Further controls restrict system functions for the deletion or export of personal data.
We will make reasonable efforts to delete or destroy personal data when there is no longer a business need to retain it.
The type of engagement you may have with us dictates our retention period for your personal information. We
will retain information only for as long as is necessary. Should you cease to be a customer, we will delete data that is no longer relevant though we will be obliged to retain some data that is necessary for legal and accounting reasons. As part of our commitment to data minimisation we shall conduct data culling at least once a year.
Processing Personal Data
Foster Moore processes personal data on the following basis:
Consent – when you complete our sign-up form and confirm an opt-in to receive our marketing. You may withdraw this consent at any time and we will promptly action this instruction.
Legitimate Interests – we also process personal information for legitimate business purposes, which includes some, or all, of the following:
- where the processing enables us to enhance, modify, personalise or otherwise improve our services / communications for the benefit of our customers
- where processing enables us to service a business account which you are associated with, for example if you are an employee of one of our business clients
- you have expressed an interest in doing business with Foster Moore
- to identify and prevent fraud
- to better understand how people interact with our websites
- to provide communications which we think will be of interest to you
- to determine the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns and advertising
Whenever we process data for these purposes we will ensure that we always keep your Personal Data rights in high regard and take account of these rights. You have the right to object to this processing if you wish. Please bear in mind that if you object this may affect our ability to carry out tasks for your benefit.
You can exercise your right to prevent marketing communications sent to you at any time by using the unsubscribe link included in every marketing email footer.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you at no additional cost. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Foster Moore International Limited, Registry Central, Level 2, 82 Wyndham Street, Auckland 1010, New Zealand or email email@example.com
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly rectify any information found to be incorrect.
Notwithstanding any change to this policy, we will continue to process your personal data in accordance with your rights and our obligations in law.
Foster Moore International Limited